Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Owl Cupcakes

Owls are so popular right now.  My next door neighbor growing up had an owl collection (figurines, not pets) so whenever I see owls I think of her.  I kinda associate owls with the 70's. I guess peace signs and owls have re-established themselves in today's pop culture!  Anyways, I came across these adorable cupcakes and I felt compelled to share them.

Looks like they used Oreos, junior mints and some kind of yellow candy.  Easy and sooo cute!  Sorry, I do not know where I found this, it was reeeal late one night.  If you know where I got it, let me know so i can give the proper credit!


Newsflash:  Kim from Frost Me knew where the owl was from...Hello, Cupcake a cute blog dedicated to cupcakes! Oh- she also shared that the nose is a banana Runt candy!  So great! Thanks Kim!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

they are from Hello, Cupcake (not sure who's pic it is, though)... the nose is banana from "runts" candy!

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Unknown said...

thanks Kim!!!

Rebecca said...

LOVE all your blogs! :) It's funny because I've tried to view your blogs when you've left comments in the past on my blog but for some reason it wouldn't show your profile, but then I've seen some of your party pictures on other's blogs but didn't realize it was you. :) You have a beautiful family and are so creative!

I was going to comment that they were banana runts too but saw your update. :) I love owl themes!

Unknown said...

I just adore your blog! I hope you don't mind that I featured your daughters party on my new blog! Look forward to seeing more great parties from you!

Laurie Bishop said...

Hi there--I just found a pic of the owl cupcakes on flickriver--
http://flickriver.com/photos/cutecupcakes/3158545546/

Laurie

Laurie Bishop said...

LOL, I just posted and then I found the recipe. It's on the Duncan and Hines site:

http://www.duncanhines.com/landing/halloween-cupcakes/

:-)
Laurie